Window update is a service. By the use these services you can update your computer drivers, Microsoft programs and Microsoft Window updated. Sometimes the update process can be problematic and many different errors can occur. you may have faced Window update error 0x80070020 which occurs while you are trying to perform a Window 10 and installed the downloaded update.
How can I solve window 10 update error 0x80070020?
There are many methods you can use and fix your error. These are the methods you can follow given below.
Method: – 1 Disable your antivirus
It is probabilistic that your system has any antivirus like Avast, Macfee and other, is interfering with Window update and causing the error. In some cases, you might want to completely disable your Antivirus in order to fix this issue. By the use these steps you can follow and disable your antivirus.
- Click on start button.
- Then, go to the setting and click on it.
- Choose the Update & Security and click on it.
- Select window Security option.
- Click on the Virus & threat protection option.
- Then, turn off your antivirus.
Method: -2 Restart BITS
Background intelligent transfer service (BITS) is a Window process and it can also responsible for causing updates to your computer system. If this process gets corrupt, you will have problems receiving updates. In order to make work again then you should restart BIST and try to run update Window once again. Follow the steps to restart BIST.
- Press Window logo key + R key and type service.msc. click Ok button.
- Find background intelligent transfer service (BIST) and right click on it.
- Then go to the properties option and open it.
- Click on General tab and find Startup type and choose Automatic option
- If the BITS is not running then click on start button.
- Now, click on ok button and close Window.
By the use these steps you can fix error 0x80070020.
Method: 3- Run the Window update troubleshooter
Window update troubleshooter is used to fix some update error without complex steps. This utility was designed to automatically fix various computer issues. It is the best choice to resolve some Window update errors.
These are the steps you can follow given below.
- Go to search box and type Window update setting and open window setting.
- Then click on troubleshoot option.
- Choose Window update and double click on it.
- Then you will watch Run the Troubleshooter option and click on it.
- Wait some times for the troubleshooter to fix and detect the issue.
- Click on exit and restart your window.
Then you will check error 0x80070020 fixed or not.
Method: 4- Reset the Window update services
Window update relies on many services in order to work properly and if there are any problem with Window update, you may be able to try them by resetting the Window update services and fix your issue error 0x80070020. These are the steps you can follow.
- Press Window logo key + R key on your keyboard.
- When run box will open then type cmd and press Enter
- Then, start command prompt as Administrator
- When open command prompt starts then run the following command
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- ren C: WindowSoftwareDistribution Software Distribution.old
- ren C:WindowSystem32catroot2 catroot2.old
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver.
- Otherwise you can solve this error by using Window update reset script.
After running these commands, you will check error with window update is solved and check that your issue error 0x80070020 is fixed or not.
Method 5: – perform SFC/Scannow
Although some user reported that the SFC scan an overrated solution, it is helpful in some cases because SFC scan your system for corrupted features and issues, and try to solve them effectively.
How to perform the sfc/scannow command in Window 10.
- Press Window logo key + X key on your keyboard.
- Then, choose the Command prompt (Admin) or Window PowerShell (Admin) from the list.
- When the command line open then type sfc/scannow.
- The process should last a few minutes.
- When all the process will done then exit from command prompt.
By the use these steps you can fix your issue error 0x80070020.
Method 6: – Check and fix your Disk fix Error
The Disk errors may be also responsible for Window update error, in addition to the missing or corrupted files. If the user is facing error 0x80070020 then the user can check computer Hard disk. These are the steps you can follow to check your Disk error.
- First, you will press Window logo key + R key.
- Then type cmd and click on ok button.
- When the command prompt (Admin) will open.
- In the command prompt Window, type chkdsk C: /f command and press Enter.
- CHKDSK tool is the first choice to check and Fix the error on your Hard drive.
By the use these steps you can fix and check your Hard disk error problem and fix your error 0x80070020.