Gmail IMAP, not responding or working how to fix this issue
To read Gmail messages in other mail clients such as Microsoft Outlook and Apple Mail, set up IMAP and change your SMTP settings. When you use IMAP, you can read your Gmail messages on many devices, and the messages are synced in real-time.
If your Gmail imap not working
If you cannot sign in to your email client, you can see one of these errors: ·
- “Username and password not accepted”·
- “invalid credentials”
Step 1: Check your password: If you have these problems or cannot sign in, first check to make sure that you are using the correct password.
Step 2: Try these troubleshooting steps: ·
- Update your email client to the latest version·
- Use App Passwords: If you use 2-Step Verification, try signing in with an App password.
- If you have recently changed your Gmail password, you will have to re-enter your Gmail account information or your Gmail account setup will be completely replicated on your other email client.
- The email client’s sign-in method may be unsafe. Try signing in directly on the Gmail app.
- Make sure your mail app is not often set to check for new emails. If your mail app checks for new messages more than once every 10 minutes, then access to the app’s access to your account may be blocked.
If your Gmail imap not responding
Set up IMAP: Step 1: Check that IMAP is on:
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- Click settings in the upper right.
- Click Settings.
- Click on Forwarding and POP / IMAP tab.
- In the “IMAP Access” section, select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save changes.
Step 2: Change the SMTP and other settings in your email client:
For help with updating your settings, search your email client’s help center for instructions on setting up IMAP.