How to Block or stop unwanted emails in gmail
It became common these days to get loads and loads for promotional calls and emails each and every day. It will be tedious work for you to clean up these.
Google has built advanced spam filter that will classify incoming mails as spam or non-spam. After the existence of Machine learning and Deep learning technologies, they have built more sophisticated models to detect spam emails.
But still we can see few of the unwanted spam emails landing in our inbox folder. So in this article, we will let you know How to Block or stop Unwanted Emails in Gmail in step by step guide.
Steps 1 How to Block or Stop Spam or Unwanted email in Gmail Account
- Login to your gmail account
- Open the unwanted spam email that you want to block
- Now click on the drop down symbol as shown in the screenshot below
- There you will find ‘Block XYZ‘ option.
- Just click on that to block any future mails from that particular mail id
That’s it. You won’t get any mails from that unwanted contact. You can use this method to block any particular mail id that sends you spam emails.
Steps 2 : How to Block or Stop Unwanted Emails in Gmail – Report Spam/Phishing:
If you are getting too many spam or phishing emails, you can use this method.
- Open Gmail account
- Open the email that looks spam or phishing
- As mentioned earlier, click on that drop down symbol near reply button (Refer to the above screenshot)
- Now select Report spam or Report phishing option
- Google will consider you request and if there are too many spam reports from that mailer list, they will automatically sends that to spam folder instead of Inbox
If you use this method, it will be helpful for others who is receiving mails from this particular mailer list.
Step 3 Block or Stop Unwanted Spam Email in Gmail
If you have deliberately opted of any news letters/suggestions or promotional emails while signing up in any website, you will get these information in mail on regular basis. If you want to block them, you can simply use unsubscribe option.
- Go to your gmail
- Open the email that you wanted to block or unsubscribe
- On the top bar, beside the sender mail address, you will find ‘unsubscribe‘ option
- For some mails, you will get it at the end of the mail body
- Just click on the unsubscribe button
Step 4 : Block or Stop Unwanted Spam Email in Gmail
Are you getting many spam mails that looks similar from various mailer lists? Then there is an option to filter all these mails and send them to spam folder. Follow below steps to do this.
- Open your Gmail account
- Go to email that you want to block
- Click on drop down button beside Reply option
- Now you will be able to find ‘Filter messages like this‘
- Filter all the mails with spam keywords like ‘Credit card or loan or promotional mails‘ and click on create filter as shown in the below image.
- On the next step, choose ‘Skip inbox‘ for these mail and tag them as promotional mails
So with these listed methods, you can easily block any unwanted mails in gmail. So if you have any help regarding How to Block Unwanted Emails in Gmail, let us know through comments. We will be glad to help you. Cheers!!