How to Switch from AOL to Gmail?
Gmail has everything to offer that an email user expects from an email service. Whether it’s about reliability, security, or features, Gmail comprises of almost each and every email service that is essential. One of the most useful features for the Gmail users is the option to check emails from your other accounts. If you are having an AOL email account but wish to switch to Gmail, you can do so easily by following the instructions provided below in this guide.
Guide to Switch from AOL to Gmail Account
Create a New Gmail Account
In order to switch from AOL to Gmail
, you must have a Gmail account. To create a Gmail account, follow these steps:
- On your web browser, go to the Gmail sign-up page via link click here.
- Enter your First name, Last name, Username, Password in the prompted field and click on the NEXTbutton.
- After that, simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Gmail signup process.
- Your Gmail account will be created.
Once your Gmail account will get created, follow these steps to connect your AOL email account to your newly Gmail account.
Link AOL Mail to Gmail
- Log into your Gmail account and click on the Gear icon (Settings option) located on the upper-right corner of your screen. A drop-down menu will appear on the page.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, click on the Settings option. This will open a Settings window on your screen. Under Settings window, click on the Accounts and Import option located at the top menu bar.
- Now under Check mail from other accounts section, select the Add a mail account link. Enter your AOL Mail email address in the prompted window and then click on the Next option. Then, click Next on the subsequent screen.
- NOTE: Make sure that Import emails from my other account (POP3) option is selected.
- On the next screen, if you wish to make certain changes to the settings, you can select the following options on your window.
- Leave copies of your retrieved message on the server and
- label incoming messages
- Archive incoming messages (Skip the Inbox)
- After making the appropriate changes to your settings, simply click on the Add Account button and then follow on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
So, this is how you can switch to Gmail account without losing your AOL Mail account. Every time you receive an email to your AOL Mail account, it will also get imported to your Gmail account. This way you won’t have to access your AOL Mail account to check your emails.